If you were wondering who MasterChef SA Judge Pete Goffe-Wood is check him out here on Expresso sharing a Grilled Squid & Pumpkin Pesto with the world. If you are worried about the moustache you can breathe easy, this was filmed in Movember.
There is no question, Pete is going to be the favourite judge. He does have a certain edge about him and I'm keen to see him lose the plot with someone.
In the meantime why not enjoy this recipe
- Loading Ingredients...
For the pesto
- Toast the mustard and coriander seeds for a couple of minutes
- Drop the pumpkin seeds, garlic (peel & chop first), chillies and toasted spices into a blender and blitz
- Add the pumpkin seed oil (you can go half pumpkin & half olive oil)
- Season with salt and a good dose of pepper
- Squeeze in the lemon juice
- Blitz again and your pesto is ready
For the squid
- Cut into smaller pieces
- Chop & deseed the tomatoes
- Heat up a pan with a lug of olive oil
- When it begins to smoke its ready and chuck in the squid
- Season with salt & pepper
- Add the chopped tomoato
- Spoon in some of the pesto
- Remove from heat and plate up