We have listed this recipe as vegetarian but please note the fish sauce in the ingredients is optional, as is practically every other ingredient. Recipes are guidelines not rule books.
You can add chilli or any other of your favourite spices to this dish in quantities the fit your taste profile.
Taste before you serve and add more spice & seasoning as required.
- Loading Ingredients...
- Chop the garlic
- Peel & dice the potatoes
- Chop & dice the carrots
- Chop & dice the cauliflower
- Heat up the oil (coconut, sunflower or peanut) in a large casserole pan
- Add the chopped garlic & sprinkle with the garam masala
- Stir for a couple of seconds and pour in the stock (don't burn the garlic)
- Add the potatoes
- Add the carrots
- Bring to the boil for 5 minutes
- Add the cauliflower, canned tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas
- Drizzle in the soy sauce (& fish sauce if you like)
- Add the honey (or agave syrup if you have)
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce reduces a little and the potatoes & carrots are cooked.
- Just before it's ready taste and add some more honey and garam masala as required.
Serve with rice and garnish with basil leaves