You can also easily switch out the prawns for chicken, tofu and even halloumi according to Michael. Pretty much whatever you have in your fridge or freezer.
Cooking curry does not have to feel like an Olympic event on the sub-continent.
I do however have a different opinion with regards to the garam masala, I like to add mine just before the end and not at the beginning. A little dollop of cream cheese or a tablespoon of cream would not go amiss either.
What are your favourite ingredients to chuck in a "curry in a hurry"?
- Loading Ingredients...
- Slice the onion
- Crush the garlic (or use pre crushed)
- Finely chop the chilli (or use pre crushed)
- Finely chop the ginger
- Heat up some vegetable oil in pan
- Sweat the onion over a low heat until soft
- Sprinkle with garam masala
- Add the garlic, ginger & chilli
- Add the prawns (or chicken)
- Add the tomatoes
- Simmer for 2 minutes
- Pour in some water and bring to the boil
- Season with salt & pepper
- Simmer over a low heat until reduced
Serve with Rice or Naan