For this Chicken & Black Bean Stir Fry, you will need to visit your local Chinese supermarket. You will need to acquire a jar of dried black beans, some yellow bean paste and the ever present Shoaxing Rice Wine.
Chinese food is quick cooking, it is important to spend a few minutes preparing all your ingredients before your wok is turned on. Once the cooking has started, there is no time to slice, dice or chop in between cooking.
- Loading Ingredients...
- Thinly slice the Chicken Breast and put to one side.
- Soak the Dried Black Beans to wash off the salt, remove from water and lightly squash and flatten with a back of spoon to release the flavour.
- Roughly chop & dice the Green Peppers.
- Crush and chop the Garlic.
- Thinly peel and slice the Ginger, and then slice again into thin sticks.
- De-seed the chilli and chop.
- Mix the corn flour in a little water.
- Pre make 200ml of Chicken stock.
- Wok onto a high heat, add Ground Nut (or Sunflower) Oil.
- When oil is hot, add the Garlic, Ginger and Chillies.
- Add the Black Beans & Yellow Bean paste.
- Add the Chicken, and cook and brown for 2 minutes, turning and stirring.
- Add in the Rice Wine and stir.
- Add the Green Peppers.
- Add the Chicken stock and let the sauce come to the bubble.
- Add the Corn Flour.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and serve.