"Comfort food, just like Gogo used to prepare it". Jafta Hatshejame of Jazz Maniacs at the Soweto Hotel
- Partcipating at the Taste of Joburg Festival, on now at Montecasino in Sandton is Jafta Hatshejame of the Jazz Maniacs restaurant, Soweto Hotel.
- Jafta Hatshejame’s interest in food and cookery developed as a young boy while he watched his Gogo create magnificent meals from simple, wholesome ingredients. This led him to Sun City, where he started an extensive career in the South African hospitality sector in the late 1970s. Since then, Jafta has spent considerable periods
Exactly right, Mark and Donnie (Blue Blood) have opened a burger joint called Wahlburgers. It was not all plain sailing as a restaurant owner, Tim Wahl had already secured the rights to the name and had opened a chain of reatsurants around the Rochester, New York area. After some negotiations with Wahl the brothers Wahlberg struck a deal and their dream of opening a burger joint with their name on it came to fruition. The restaurants will be opening in Boston where they currently have a restaurant ...
A simple meal with a fancy name,Tuna Steak a la Nicoise. You don't have to leave the sauce for an hour if you don't have the time available. This quick and easy meal can be made in 15 minutes, it could not be easier. Remember to always cook the tuna to your liking, if you do not like it seared cook it a bit longer.
I admit that I have on the odd occassion drunk too much wine while cooking and yes dinner has in the past been bread and butter. Never again! TWEET AND COOK!
My favourite Bill Murray movies are Caddyshack, Ghostbusters and Meatballs. Despite the presence of Scarlett Johannson, Lost in Translation was... lost in translation.
In attendance at this years Taste of Joburg Festival at Montecasino from 15th to 18th September will be Chef Marthinus Ferreira of DW eleven-13. If you were wondering where the name comes from, it is remarkably simple. It's the address DW - Dunkeld West. Chef Marthinus Ferreira has worked in the culinary industry for over eight years both locally and internationally. His journey has included working at establishments like Impalila Island Lodge, JC Le Roux and in 2002 joined La Colombe, one of ...
Watch Gordon Ramsay free dive for his dinner, a Sea Bass. Not quite James Bond but back to the beach for cooking, 007 could never compete with this Sea Bass Recipe. Gut, Score, salt, lemon zest, saffron, stuff with fennel and lemon. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil with a little handle on each side. Braai or Barbecue 8 minutes each way. So next time you go diving remember to take a couple of lemons, fennel and the all important saffron with you. Check ...
For #tweetandcook you will need a pot for penne, a pan for sauteing, a sieve for draining, a knife for slicing and a spoon for stirring
- This is a very special recipe of the week because we will be trying something very new with it.
- On Tuesday 13th September we will be tweeting out this recipe with Angelo Deboni, of Angelo's Kitchen in Bryanston, to the twitterverse. Step by step we'll take you through it to make sure you get it right and start cooking gourmet meals at home.
- The Nutti Penne blends together mushrooms, brie, wholegrain mustard and chives to deliver a delicious new pasta recipe